It is advised that every vehicle receive a tune-up every few years, depending on mileage. By replacing worn or damaged parts, such as spark plugs, hoses, belts, filters, and topping off fluids, this helps to keep the engine running at the best level possible. If you’re in need of a quick tune-up drop by Tri County Repair in Mountain Home, Idaho.
Tune ups can include:
- Spark plugs replacement
- New spark plug wires to ensure the vehicle ignites gasoline in the combustion chamber properly.
- A new fuel filter to help keep contaminants out of the engine.
- Replacing belts and hoses to keep connected parts running in tune with one another.
- A new air filter to improve engine efficiency
- Topping off or changing out fluids to prevent wear and overheating in the engine.
A vehicle’s tune-up includes preventive maintenance, performance analysis and adjustment. Regular tune-ups are suggested in all vehicle manuals. The normal interval is 30,000 miles, or every two to three years. A tune-up may be needed whenever a driveability problem occurs.
Problems solved with a complete tune-up include hard starting, stalling, hesitation, misfiring, bad fuel economy and lack of power. Bring your vehicle by our Mountain Home location as soon as you notice any of these problematic symptoms.